Monday, July 26, 2010

SEO,CMS, PPC, CTR, CPC - OMG!!!

Being new to all this website design stuff is making my head spin!!! I come to this job technologically challenged, and then one of the first things I decide we need to do it redesign our website. Somebody slap me!! Thankfully, one of the teachers has some experience and agreed to help (pretty much do it). So I was to give him the content and he was going to execute and we'd work together on the design. Phase one launched, almost a month late, but launched. Now.......
...my teacher is MIA,
...phase II hasn't be completed,
...phase III hasn't started,
...I know I need to worry about SEO,
...I have list upon list of things I want to add to the site,
...wish there was an IT person I could ask,
...and, I am screwed :-)

So...let the learning begin. I'm digging into the web, learning all kinds of new terms, trying to figure things out, testing and looking up acronyms at every turn. This part of my job....not so fun. I need an intern for this - probably a 12 year old techie kid could handle what I need done - all while I am stumbling around.

1 comment:

lifejourneys said...

You can do it!!!! Go Martha!