Sunday, July 18, 2010

Doesn't Take Long to Take its Toll



So I've had my new car just over 3 months - and this is what the odometer looks like. YIKES. And now you know why I traded by big ole' SUV in for this crappy, gas efficient Malibu. Yes, I miss my truck - but NO, I do not miss the $100 per pump gas bill. This is also the price (in mileage) I pay for us to live in a safe, comfortable, familiar place. And that my friends, is worth EVERY penny spent and 'missed truck' emotion I feel. And I could have it much worse, I am aware of that.

No complaining, just a reality check. Now.....if I could just figure out a money making opportunity to do while I'm driving all these miles.

Biggest advantage - much of these miles are spent in pretty good conversation with B. Don't get me wrong we have our days, and sometimes on our early morning drives he's asleep (which means I listen to what I want on the radio) - but we have shares some interesting topics and he has shared his, all knowing (lol) opinions. Can't beat that as quality time with a teenager - plus he's afraid to bail out at 80 mph on the highway, so he's a captive audience - and yes, that means we've had some of 'those' conversations in the car too!

1 comment:

lifejourneys said...

WOW! 3333 miles in a month. And I was complaining that I was driving too much when I have to go across the bridge to Berkeley, only 15 miles away.

When was the last time I told you that you have more energy than anyone else I know?! :D