Sunday, July 11, 2010

DON'T BLINK!

There is a country artist, Kenny Chesney, that sings a song titled "Don't Blink." The words could not be more true in today's society! Since my last post, which was only 4 days ago, my job title has been changed and a new job added. You are now reading from the Campus Administrator/Marketing Director. So...everything you've read is still true, but now add in the daily administrative duties of the campus programs. YAHOO - I couldn't be more excited!!! Basically it means I am still focusing on selling my school and enrolling students, but now I am also the right hand to the executive director and help in the daily operations of the school. Thankfully work with a great group of people - strong professionals. There is a proven vision for us to follow. Now we just need to all get on the path together and go, Go, GO!

With added responsibilities comes the added juggle of work schedules, driving schedules, and demands of my time. Unfortunately I suck at that sort of stuff - so it will take some adjustment. And...since every semester B's schedule changes, we hardly have time to settle into a new routine before we have to change things. I'd like to think I am preparing him to handle adversity and change - but sometimes I think it is just a huge exercise in frustration - which I guess in itself is not a bad thing to know how to handle.

Wish me luck, because off I go.....into my new position. First decision the executive director and I made immediately following my promotion is - I would attend an educational industry (EIA) conference in Chicago - in just 2 weeks. I love Chicago, so that's a great first perk to the new job. Now to put the schedule (both personal and professional) in place, arrange for transportation, make reservations, etc. See, I'm catching into these administrative duties already!!! lol

1 comment:

lifejourneys said...

I love love love that you're blogging again!!! I have missed your voice - IRL and virtually :)