Wednesday, April 22, 2009

True to My Word

SUPPORT LOCAL BREWERIES! True to my word, I retuned to the Jolly Pumpkin brewery today to purchase a birthday gift for my dad. Knowing next to nothing about beer, other than it tastes yucky, the young man tried to help me choose as best he could. I knew I didn't want a dark beer, so he made a few suggestions. True to being a woman, I picked what I liked on the label. If you are into labels, you've got to go to their site and check out all their different lables, pretty cool! I know, so lame! I ended up getting a pint of Bam Biere Farmhouse Ale, and a pint of E.S. Bam Hoppy Farmhouse Ale. And naturally, since B lives in hoodies, I couldn't leave without getting him an advertisement to wear.

Bam Bière - An artisan farmhouse ale that is golden, naturally cloudy, bottle conditioned and dry hopped for a perfectly refreshing balance of spicy malts, hops and yeast.

E.S. Bam - Extra Special Farmhouse AleA Bam celebration of excess. More malt, more hops, same vivacious personality.

I'll let you know how dad likes it, when he finally opens the bottles and tries them. Cheers!

No comments: