Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Work....

... and I don't mean at the office. It's fall, my favorite season!!!!! With that comes flannel and fleece, but also the work of getting ready for winter. Today, actually last night, we decided that Saturday we would be productive - we chose chores over the Ren. Festival and the BBQ cook off festival (what were we thinkin'?).

Our day started by pulling on the hoodies and heading outside - chair put away, lawn started, leaves blown, generator tested, garage cleaned, patio stuff put away, boat pulled. Ha, funny story about that - it is windy here so there is a pretty good chop on the lake. B decided he'd drive the boat over so with swim trunks and a hoodie on over he headed (cell phone in pocket for a reason i am uncertain). There are two ramps on this lake. You would think 60 degree weather, with a chop, there would be no one around. WRONG!!! The ramp had a back up of trucks/trailers a mile long. So as B sat on the jet ski, texting, we waited our turn.

Anyway....B still has a few things on his chore list to do. I went to the grocery store. Last night I planned a marathon cooking session and it was time to get the ingredients. Tell me again why I went to Meijer on a Saturday?! Oh yea, I work during the week. lol

So now....my counters and kitchen floor are filled with all the things I need to get cooking. Which is exactly what I plan to do. That will take up the rest of my day, for certain.

So what are you doing today????

No comments: